Damage Restoration Services in Atlanta
How To Get Rid Of Water Damage Odor? Water damage…
How To Prepare For A Rainstorm Rainstorms can be both…
Household Appliances as Causes of Water Damage Water damage is…
How Long Does Mold Remediation Take? Mold growth is a…
Electrical fires are one of the top causes of house fires disaster and most households experience it each year due to faulty electrical components in their homes. Fires caused by electricity can do some serious damage to your home and put your family’s safety at risk. To keep out your household from the statistics, keep an eye out for early warning signs and also act fast when something seems unusual.
Causes of Electrical Fires at Home
Electrical fires more than often are caused by misuse of extension cords, faulty electrical outlets, and errors arising from DIY wiring. While homeowners with handyman experience may troubleshoot simple electrical issues, complex electrical work should be completed by a certified electrical contractor. This helps prevent mistakes that could lead to residential fires and ultimately reduces the number of electrical fires recorded nationwide each year. To discover more ways of avoiding residential electrical fires, read on.
Set Up New Appliances Correctly
If a setup seems minor and doesn’t necessarily require expert assistance, then make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for guidance. When done, double check all your connections to ensure zero lapses. Electrical appliances requiring a voltage regulator should also not be plugged directly into an outlet. Check if any appliance coming from abroad has the proper voltage to avoid possible fire hazards.
Detect Wiring Problems Early
Be sensitive to circuit breakers. These units are designed to trip off whenever the system is overloaded. It’s common for a home circuit breaker to trip once in a while. But do something if this becomes frequent. It’s best to touch base with a qualified service professional for immediate wiring inspection.
Likewise, the life of the wiring system decreases with years and use. You can tell when a wiring system needs attention when lights start fluctuating or dimming. Older home wirings in this case are particularly susceptible.
Use Extension Cords the Right Way
Extension cords are useful and can be hazardous at the same time especially when cracked or broken. To prevent residential electric fire arising from extension cords, use cords that are rated to handle the wattage of the appliance or device with which they will be used. In addition, immediately stop using an extension cord that feels hot to the touch. Overall, call an electrician immediately whenever something seems unusual.
As a reminder, hundreds of thousands of American families are sadly hit by residential electrical fires each year, leaving them with expensive repairs, costly rebuilds as well as hefty hospital bills.
But to prevent those costs and affliction, we strongly recommend you to be on the lookout for appliances that malfunctions, faulty outlets, damaged extension cords, and other possible avenues of fire outbreak and call an expert as quickly as possible.
If however the unexpected happens, don’t panic but call Tidal Wave Response immediately. We understand what fire can do to paper documents, personal items, and other valuable possessions. For this reason, we include 24-hour fire damage restoration service into our offerings. Our service professionals are always available to come out fast and act fast. For prompt service or to learn more about our wide range restoration services, contact Tidal Wave Response today.